In today's fast paced global economy, generating high product volumes quickly puts natural resource, like timber, at risk. A growing concern for the sustainable management of the earth's resources is driving consumers, companies and public authorities for assurance that harvested trees, paper, and wood products come from responsibly managed sources. They want to ensure that our forests will be here for future generations.
What is Land Management Certification?
- Land Management Certification is for companies that manage forest resources and is a way to ensure that forest land is managed responsibly. It often includes measures to protect water quality, biodiversity, wildlife habitat and species at risk. Bureau Veritas offers certification to the two most recognized international standards: FSC® and SFI.
- The Forest Stewardship CouncilTM is an independent NGO (Non-Govermental Organization) created in 1993 by environmental NGOs, wood trade organizations, foresters, indigenous people and certification bodies representing 25 countries.
- Sustainable Forest Initiative Inc. is a fully independent, charitable organization dedicated to promoting sustainable forest management. They work with conservation groups, local communities, resource professionals, land owners and others who share the same goal of responsible forest management.
What are the key benefits?
- Improving brand image
- Increasing consumer confidence
- Ensuring better access to your markets through strong differentiation
- Protecting forest resources
Why seek Land Management Certification?
Land management certification is a way to demonstrate your organization's commitment to sustainable development, give your company an edge over competitors, and improve your company's image.
How can I promote my certification?
FSC and SFI Certification give the certificate holders permission to use internationally recognized trademarks on promotional materials and certified products, visibly demonstrating to supply chain partners and consumers their forestry standard compliance.
Send an enquiry
- AS / NZS 4801 Safety
- ISO 14001 Environment
- ISO 9001 Quality
- ISO / TS 16949 Automotive
- ISO 20000-1 IT management
- ISO 31000 Risk
- ISO 55001 Asset Management
- ISO 22000 FSSC Food Safety
- ISO 27001 Info Security
- AS / EN / JISQ 9100 Aerospace
- IRIS Certification
- Adventure Activity Certification
Find a solution