Preserving natural resources and the environment are top concerns for all types of today's businesses and consumers. In addition, demand for low-carbon enregy sources continues to grow.
Therefore, the use of alternative fuels such as biomass and biofuels is becoming highly requested. Sourcing of these alternative fuels generates needs for quality, reliability and sustainability.
Adopt the voluntary scheme 2BSvs for sustainable Biomass and Biofuels
European Union (EU) Directive on renewable energy (RED) sets out sustainability criteria for biofuels.
The directive aims to encourage the use of biofuels while ensuring their sustainability.
To achieve this goal, the directive introduces financial incentives for final distributors.
To receive this government support and count towards mandatory national renewable energy targets, biofuels used in the EU must comply with sustainability criteria.
EU mandatory sustainability requirements are related to:
- greenhouse gas savings (50% from 2017; 60% for new installations starting in 2018)
- land with high biodiversity value
- land with high carbon stock
- agro-environmental practices
To comply with requirements, biofuel sustainability needs to be independently checked by Member States or through voluntary schemes approved by the European Commission.
Bureau Veritas Certification has developed 2BSvs (Biomass Biofuels voluntary scheme), one of the first sustainability schemes recognized by the Commission since July 19, 2001.
Demonstrate your commitment to sustainable palm oil with RSPO Certification
Palm Oil is the first oil crop in the world with more than 40 millions tons produced annually.
Used both for food and non-food industries (biofuels, cosmetics, etc.), palm oil has a main role in the economic development of producing countries and their populations.
Due to a sharp increase of palm oil plantation surface area starting in the 1990s and continuing to the present day, companies using palm oil face growing environmental criticism.
Following recommendations from the RSPO (Roundtable on Sutainable Palm Oil), a not-for-profit organization, Bureau Veritas Certification provides you with a solution to prove the sustainability of your palm oil production.
RSPO Supply Chain Certification Systems is a standard that involves the entire supply chain by reaching out to consumers.
Demonstrate traceability for every step of your supply chain:
Benefits of complying with the RSPO Supply Chain Certification Systems:
- meet client expectations regarding commitment to sustainable palm oil products
- demonstrate the quality of your commitment to adopt environmental and sustainable best practices
- attest to your employees that they are working at a socially responsible company
- use sustainable palm oil certification for multiple industries such as food, chemistry, biofuel, etc.
Learn how to gain a competitive edge with our training courses on biofuels management
In addition to certification services, we provide relevant training programs for implementing and maintaining a responsible natural resources management system.
Send an enquiry
- AS / NZS 4801 Safety
- ISO 14001 Environment
- ISO 9001 Quality
- ISO / TS 16949 Automotive
- ISO 20000-1 IT management
- ISO 31000 Risk
- ISO 55001 Asset Management
- ISO 22000 FSSC Food Safety
- ISO 27001 Info Security
- AS / EN / JISQ 9100 Aerospace
- IRIS Certification
- Adventure Activity Certification
Find a solution